The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically… Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.”
~ Martin Luther King Jr., American civil rights leader (1929-1968)
This is the critical time when we support the final stages of development and growth before our youth transit into adulthood where they will have more independence and choices together with responsibility.
In these High School years, students will:
- Have increased opportunities to exercise leadership in heading Student Council and the various student organisations, being role models for younger students and organising Service learning projects to reach out to the wider community
- Be given diagnostic tests and career counseling to help students choose the right university courses to read based on their assessed career inclinations. Close guidance in their university application process to enhance acceptance into choice universities
- Participate in the University Fair Day which brings together top local and overseas universities to share information on their entry requirements and application procedures
- Receive strong scholastic support needed to help them consolidate their learning, culminating in excellent performance at the Cambridge A Level examinations
High School Academic Key Points
About GCE International A Level and Advanced Subsidiary (AS) Level
- Its high profile amongst English-medium schools around the world.
- Its reputation as a rigorous programme that encourages high academic standards.
- Provides in-depth knowledge & life-long skills that are excellent preparation for employment.
- Offers students a flexible course of study that gives them freedom to select the subjects that are right for them.
- Its acceptance by universities and colleges worldwide as a reliable record of students` attainment that can count towards entrance requirements.
- International GCE A Level is a ‘gold` standard qualification with an excellent reputation
- It has exactly the same value in admitting students to all universities as its UK equivalent. It is also accepted as an entry qualification by universities of the European Union, on a par with the UK GCE A Level, French Baccalaureate, the German Abitur, etc.
- Good grades at A & AS Level can result up to 1 full year of advanced standing or credit at universities in the USA & Canada.
- Our Grade 9 and Grade 12 students sit for the annual UNBK where they are prepared for all required subjects.
Credits and Grades
- Subject studied at AS Level – 1 credit
- Subject studied at A Level – 2 credits
- Recommended for students – to take enough subjects to earn 6 credits.
- Grades – A to E
Please see www.cie.org.uk for more information.
- Grade 10: Must have turned 15 years of age by 31 December 2023 and must graduate from the previous grade.
Entrance Test Qualification
- 1st Stage Online Placement Assessment (English and Mathematics)
- 2nd Stage Online Student Interview